Used in different orders, to varying degrees, these seven building blocks seem to cover all the inspiring visionary speeches I have found:
- Tell the truth about the current situation
- Define “What’s in it for me”
- Let people make up their own minds, but force them to choose
- Define clearly the future state you want instead of the current situation
- Relate your objective to a higher principle, moral purpose, or value
- Define some of the practical steps required
- Be authentic. Speak with your own voice.
Do you know of any others?